YNA’s Nude Year in Review: Memorable Moments from 2011 & 2012
Young Naturists America’s Nude Year in Review
YNA’s Nude Year:
Well, it is officially the beginning of a new (nude) year! We thought it would be nice to look back at 2012, and at 2011 too, since this is our first “Year in Review.” We wish you all a happy, healthy new year filled with love!
Check out our gallery and list of memorable moments below (click the linked words to see the articles). We look forward to more good memories with wonderful nudie friends in 2013!!!
(*The gallery might be glitchy – if so, try clicking through them on the bottom)
Nude Year 2011
- YNA held their first outdoor young naturist gathering at Rock Lodge Club – a very memorable, positive event with over 60 people and activities like nude yoga, body painting, and outdoor movie screening of Act Naturally.
- Felicity and a few other YNA’ers participated in a naked art performance on Wall Street called Ocularpation by Zefrey Throwell. Felicity was falsely arrested for being top free, along with two male participants. All charges were dropped. Felicity sued the city on top of that and just won her case!
- Chiming in on a viral video trend, Felicity produced a funny video called “Shit Clothed People Say To Nudists.”
- YNA had a Top Free Day in Central Park to celebrate National Go Topless Day & women’s right to go topfree in New York!
- We co-hosted our first Naked Painting Party in NYC, which drew in over 500 people for a night of body painting!
- We had our first charity cocktail fundraiser to benefit a women’s shelter with some creative nude photography.
- YNA participated in another naked art performance: we played strip poker in a storefront window in Chinatown –what a blast!
- Felicity and friends got body painted completely nude in Times Square by artist Andy Golub
- In a partnership with Bare Naked Bake Sale, we managed to raise over $1,000 for lupus research through our Naked Costume Halloween Party.
- We had our first young naturist gathering at Juniper Woods in upstate NY, which was a great success!
- We launched our official YNA Membership and Affiliates Program to give clubs and resorts more exposure while making them more accessible to young naturists!
- We launched three (yes three!) new YNA chapters this year: Wisconsin, Oregon and Upstate New York. Meanwhile, YNA NJ (& NYC) is still going strong!
- We decided to broaden the scope of YNA’s mission and further develop our “people positive” philosophy, which involved tackling more social issues, like bullying and fat shaming.AND, we thought you might like to see our most popular blog posts and articles of 2012, so here they are!Top 10 Most Popular Nudie Posts of 2012: