Get Naked For The TreeSpirit Art Project by Jack Gescheidt
Get Naked And Climb A Tree!
Get Naked by YNA
Get Naked – I came across something I think is pretty cool. It’s called “The TreeSpirit Project.” A photographer in San Francisco named Jack Gescheidt photographs nude people among trees. He explains his whole philosophy and love of trees and nature here on his website.
But here is what us naturists may be most interested in from the FAQs:
* more “present” in the meditative sense of this word, meaning in the present moment instead of thinking about the past (worry) or future (planning);
* therefore more vulnerable and have greater, more conscious awareness, more feeling, and therefore move and behave more freely and genuinely;
* more harmless to trees and other species. We humans often harm as a collective, but not when stripped of our habitual and protective layers of clothing, tools and technology;
* more timeless, without the many cultural and historical cues clothing provide;
* unified as a mass of humanity rather than seen as the individual personalities to which we are so attached. This is especially true in the group TreeSpirit photos;
* and, yes, more attention-getting. One of goals of the TreeSpirit Project is to deliver its message of our interdependence with nature. The more people ready to take this to heart, the better.”
Interesting philosophy! Do you guys think being naked really has all this meaning? Do you feel more connected to nature when nude in the woods / beach / natural settings? If I lived in San Francisco, I’d totally go to one of these. But I did sign up for Angelo Musco‘s shoot this weekend, so I suppose I will have to settle for a studio. (Registration for this photo shoot is still possible at www.angelomusco.com/registration) Should be an experience!
One of Jack Gescheidt’s TreeSpirit Naked Tree Spirit photos seen above