Nude Events and Naked Parties By YNA
Before attending a YNA Naked Party or Nude Event you should read all of our rules and behavior etiquette
This will ensure that everyone has a nice time and no one will feel uncomfortable! To read the rules, please click here
- This event has passed.
YNA Memorial Day Weekend at Sunny Rest Nudist Resort Palmerton PA
May 23, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - May 26, 2014 @ 4:00 pm$25
YNA Memorial Day Weekend at Sunny Rest Lodge Palmerton PA
YNA Invade Sunny Rest Nudist Resort in Palmerton PA!
YNA is having a Memorial Day Weekend meetup May 23 – 26th, 2014 at Sunny Rest Resort!
Come shed your winter clothes, soak up some sun, partake in a nature walk, clear your mind with naked yoga, enjoy a massage in the meadows, have a drink at the bar, tell stories around the campfire at night, enjoy some good food, discover new friends, and make memories that last.
Sunny Rest nudist resort in Palmerton PA has lovely heated pools for skinny dipping, hot tub, restaurant, naked fitness center, tennis courts, nude volleyball, and many other amenities. They often have live music by the pool and a vibrant atmosphere that will keep you entertained!
Sunny Rest nudist resort Memorial Day activities:
- Yoga Saturday and Monday 11:00am (free)
- Nightclub open Friday/Saturday/Sunday 9:30pm – 2:00am
- Live Music with Tom & Kat at 5pm-8pm Friday
- Live Poolside Music by Dave Mell Blues Band 1pm-4pm Saturday
- Karaoke on Saturday & Monday
- Live Poolside Music by Frederick Douglas 1pm-4pm Sunday
- Live Music w/ Brian 5pm-8pm Sunday
- Lunch Grillin’ & Chillin’on Monday
YNA activities at Sunnyrest:
- All YNA yoga and tai chi instructors are volunteers. If you attend a class, please show your appreciation with a small donation.
- We will do a bonfire and a little drumming in our tenting area (see map) all three nights (weather permitting). Please bring a drum if you have one!
- Saturday 12:30pm – 2pm Tai Chi / Chi Kung* (Qi Gong) class with Avi. A one hour class followed by discussion and demonstration. See full description below.
- Saturday 2pm – 3pm Sivananda Yoga with Kali
- Saturday 3:30pm The Giant YNA Slip n Slide Returns!
- UPDATE: Vinyasa Flow-in-the-Dark with Karen Kapus has been moved to Saturday, starting at 6:30pm in the nightclub. We will be lining the nightclub with black lights for a psychedelic yoga class! Come get painted up (we’ll be painting ourselves & each other) in UV body paint from 6:30 to 7:30pm. Yoga class will be from 7:30 – 8:30pm. (Note that body painting is just for yoga participants.) **Please bring a mat (or a towel you don’t care about). We will have some extra mats.**
- Sunday 12:30 – 2pm Tai Chi / Chi Kung* class with Avi
- Sunday 2pm – 3pm Vinyasa Yoga with Karen K.
- Sunday 3:30pm Hike the SR trails (approx. 45 – 60 minutes) Meet at YNA tenting area.
- Yoga / tai chi classes will all take place at Camping Area D. These classes are beginner-friendly, so don’t worry if you’ve never done either. In case of inclement weather, they will take place indoors in the nightclub. Please bring a yoga mat for yoga if you have one.
*About Tai Chi / Chi Kung class: This class will consist primarily of Chi Kung (Qi Gong), but will also include some Tai Chi positions and moves. The last 15 minutes of the one hour class will be learning the beginning moves of the Short Form, and more will be added on subsequent YNA weekend events. After the class, Avi will answer questions and perform the entire Short Form (about 15 minutes) for anyone who wants to follow along or already knows it. Class is structured so beginners will fit right in without a problem. Avi has been practicing Tai Chi and martial arts for 15 years and studied under Grandmaster C. K. Chu. He regularly teaches Tai Chi / Chi Kung classes in Bryant Park, NYC. These Bryant Park classes are FREE every Tuesday and Thursday morning at 7:30am, May through September.
We will have copies of our schedule at SR for reference.
As a side note, our friend and YNA member Greg has his own hot pepper seasoning business – . He will generously be donating a percentage of his proceeds to YNA for any sales that he makes at SR! If you are interested in purchasing some Hot Lips seasoning, ask us to introduce you to him. He will also be set up as a vendor this Saturday at the Kempton Pepper Jam, not far from Sunny Rest.
Getting To Sunny Rest Nudist Resort in Palmerton PA
Driving: Sunny Rest is about a 2.5 hour drive from NYC and northern NJ depending on where you live. (Note: When driving, please be aware some GPS’s will direct you to turn left onto Fire Lane Rd from Cherry Hill Rd. Ignore this and continue on Cherry Rill Rd til you see the sign to turn left for SR.)
Bus: Also, there is a bus from NYC to Lehighton, PA: Susquehanna Trailways. Call the Sunny Rest office ahead of time to schedule a pickup at the bus station which is only 5 min away. Sunny Rest Office: 610-377-2911
Carpool: You can communicate with others about carpooling on the Facebook event wall.
Sunnyrest Cost / Fees:
You will pay TWO fees: the YNA fee in advance online on Eventbrite and the Sunny Rest fees upon arrival.
Camping for ticketed YNA members is steeply reduced to $25+tax per person per night ($75+tax for three nights). This includes grounds fees, and it’s the same price for day visits. SR has waived their 3-night holiday minimum for us, so you can stay 1 night, 2 nights or all weekend.
To get these discounted rates at SR, you must pay the YNA fee in advance online: $5 for YNA members, $10 for non-members. You can start payment for fees using the widget below or go to http://www.eventbrite.com/o/young-naturists-amp-nudists-america-yna-2165878761
Once you pay for the YNA fee, you will get a confirmation email from Eventbrite. Be prepared to either show your confirmation email on paper or show it on your phone at the Sunny Rest office to enter as a YNA attendee.
Lodging At Sunny Rest Resort:
YNA will have a reserved campsite for this weekend (see map below for yellow YNA territory near Tennis Courts). Rooms, cabins, etc must be booked separately through Sunny Rest. See here for info on room rates: http://www.sunnyrest.com/sunrates.php
What To Bring To SunnyRest Nudist Resort:
This will be early on in the season, and we’re hoping to have good weather, but please be prepared with appropriate clothing and sleeping gear to stay warm. General packing list: license / ID, towel, flip-flops, sunscreen, yoga mat, water bottle, sneakers for hiking / sports, flashlight, bug spray, beach bag etc. For food, you can bring your own or the SR restaurant will be serving 3 meals a day throughout the weekend. YNA will also have snacks and drinks at our campsite. (Note that BYOB is not permitted at the pool or in the nightclub.)
Sunny Rest Map – See yellow YNA camping area in yellow. There will also be a YNA sign posted at this area.
First-time YNA event?
Check out our Event FAQ’s Rules & Etiquette page. Aside from our general rules, we are guests at Sunny Rest and must abide by their rules and policies while visiting. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave.
Sunny Rest website: http://www.sunnyrest.com/
Hope to see you there!
Brought to you by Young Naturists and Young Nudists America YNA